Family tools are a great way to bring this weeks Barefoot Kids lesson home.
Four Friends Help // Mark 2:1-12
BIG IDEA: God wants us to be kind and be a good friend.
- What was wrong with the man in our story? (He was lame. He couldn't walk.)
- How did the man's friends show him kindness? (They carried him to see Jesus. They dug a hole in the roof and lowered him down to see Jesus.)
- How did Jesus show the lame man kindness? (Forgave his sins. Healed him and told him to stand up, take his mat and walk.)
- Who are some people that YOU can show kindness to this week? Who can you be a friend to this week?
ACTION PLAN: Identify ways friends are kind to each other.
PRAYER: Thank God for our friends and ask God to help us be kind to others.
MEMORY VERSE: "Give thanks to the Lord. His love is forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34
Paul Arrives in Rome // Acts 28
BIG IDEA: God can use me to invite others to be a part of His family
- After the shipwreck, how did God display His power and help Paul tell others about Jesus? (God protected Paul from the snake bite. Answered Paul's prayer to heal Publius's father. Helped Paul explain God's word boldly. In Rome, was able to stay in a house, instead of prison cell.)
- What are ways you could help your friends learn about Jesus? (Tell them Jesus loves them. Invite them to church. Give them a Bible.)
CONNECTING TO JESUS: Paul knew God was sending him to Rome, but found himself stuck on the island of Malta. God put Paul in a great situation where he could teach Gentiles about Jesus! Even on an unexpected detour, Paul was still able to do just what Jesus wanted him to do -- teach non-Jews the good news of what Jesus has done for them.
ACTION PLAN: Identify people to pray for and things to say to help others learn about God this week.