Paul Tells About Jesus
BIG IDEA: We can tell others the good news about Jesus.
- How did Paul decide to go to Phillipi? (A dream.)
- Who did Paul find along the river in Phillip? (A group of women who loved God. Lydia.)
- He shared the good news about Jesus with the women. What are some things you think he told them? (Jesus is God's son. Jesus is alive. Jesus loves us. Jesus cares for us.)
- Lydia believed all the good news about Jesus, what happened next? (She was baptized. Everyone in her house believed and was baptized. She invited Paul and his friends to stay at her house.)
ACTION PLAN: Identify places you like to go. Who can you tell there about Jesus?
PRAYER: Thank God for the good news that Jesus loves us and help us to share it with others.
MAY MEMORY VERSE:
Jesus said, 'Go and tell the good news. Mark 16:15
Directions for Paul
BIG IDEA: God gives me courage to tell others about Jesus.
- Paul and his friends originally planned to go to Asia, but they ended up going to Macedonia. Why? (The Holy Spirit stopped them. Paul had a vision of a man asking them to come to Macedonia.)
- What did Lydia do when she heard the good news? (She believed and became a christian, as well as her whole household. She was baptized. She invited Paul and his friends to stay at her house.)
- When are times kids your age can tell others about Jesus? (Examples: When a friend ask why you go to church. When a friend asks about your Bible. When a friend is sad. When you learn something new about Jesus. When a friend asks why you pray before eating.)
CONNECTING TO JESUS: Paul obeyed God by telling others about Jesus. He shared the good news of Jesus' death and resurrection with Lydia and thankfully she chose to believe, along with her whole household. But it wasn't because Paul was a great speaker, or because was really popular... it was because he obeyed God to tell people the good news, and the Holy Spirit did the rest. God changes peoples' hearts. Not us. God doesn't call us to be successful, He calls us to be faithful and obedient.
ACTION PLAN: Plan ways to tell others about Jesus, and ask God for courage to be His messenger.
May Memory Verses:
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." Romans 1:16
"Be very careful, then, how you live -- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity." Ephesians 5:15-16