God Helps Naaman
2 Kings 5:1-16
BIG IDEA: God cares for us and helps us.
- What was wrong with Naaman? Why did he need help? (He was sick. He had leprosy.)
- Who did the young servant girl think could help Naaman? Why? (She thought Elisha might be able to help him because He loved God, and God helped him do amazing things!)
- What did Elisha tell Naaman to do? (Wash in the Jordan River 7 times.)
- What happened next? (At first he didn't want to, but finally did and was healed. He admitted that God was the one, true God.)
ACTION PLAN: Discuss ways that God has helped you.
PRAYER: Thank God for helping you and always being good.
JULY MEMORY VERSE:
"God has been good to me." Genesis 33:11
Respect for Saul
1 Samuel 24
BIG IDEA: It is wise to show honor and respect to everyone.
- Why didn't David try to take things into his own hands and kill King Saul? (David knew that God had chosen King Saul and trusted God's plan & timing.)
- What did Saul discover about David when David showed him the piece of his robe? (That David was close enough to hurt him, but didn't. David showed him honor.)
- What does it look like to show honor to someone? (Examples: Look at the person who is talking. Say "please" and "thank you". Let that person go first or have first choice. Do what the person asks. Say kind words. Listen to the person.)
CONNECTING TO JESUS: King Saul hated David, and his extreme jealousy caused David to run and hide. But David didn't hate Saul back, or try to hurt him in return, David showed King Saul love. Jesus also chose to love those that hated him and hurt him. In fact, Jesus died on the cross to make a way for ALL people, even those that hated him, to be forgiven and become part of God's family.
ACTION PLAN: Identify times it may be difficult to show honor to someone who doesn't deserve it, and ask for God's help.
JULY MEMORY VERSE:
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. " 1 John 1:9