The Road to Emmaus
BIG IDEA: We can be excited that God is with us wherever we go!
- Why were Jesus' friends sad? (Because Jesus had died.)
- Who came up and started walking with them along the road? (Jesus)
- Did they recognize Him at first? (No) When did they finally recognize Him? (After He prayed and gave them bread.)
- What happened after they realized it was Jesus? (Jesus disappeared. They rushed back to tell their friends in Jerusalem.)
ACTION PLAN: Talk about all the places we go and how Jesus is always with us.
PRAYER: Thank God that Jesus is always with us.
APRIL MEMORY VERSE:
How good it is to sing praises to our God. Psalm 147:1
Breakfast on the Beach
BIG IDEA: Jesus forgives me and helps me forgive others.
- What happened when the disciples fished all night? (They didn't catch anything.)
- What did Jesus tell the disciples to do? What happened? (He told them to throw their nets on the right side of the boat. They caught a lot of fish, 153 total!)
- How did Jesus show Peter forgiveness? (Jesus asked him if he loved him 3 times, to make up for the 3 times Peter denied him.)
- How are some ways we can show forgiveness to others? (Pray for them. Say you forgive the person. Show kindness to the person.)
CONNECTING TO JESUS: Peter was sad after he realized that he had denied Jesus 3 times. But Jesus showed Peter forgiveness by giving him the chance to right the wrong he had done. In fact, Jesus gave him 3 chances, one for each time he denied Him. Jesus is a great example when it comes to forgiveness. Once He forgives, He wipes the slate clean and remembers our sins no more. Forgiving people can be difficult sometimes, but we can always call on Jesus and ask Him to help us forgive others.
ACTION PLAN: Talk about times we need forgiveness and ask God to help us forgive others.
APRIL MEMORY VERSES:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32