Family tools are a great way to bring this weeks Barefoot Kids lesson home.
One Man Thanks Jesus
BIG IDEA: Remember to always thank God for the good things He provides.
- What was wrong with the men in this story? (They had leprousy; sores all over their bodies. They were outcast from their family and friends.)
- Who did they go looking for? Why? (Jesus. They hoped He could heal them.)
- What did Jesus tell them to do? (He told them to go show themselves to the Temple leaders/priests.)
- How many men did Jesus heal? (10) How many came back to thank Jesus? (1, the Samaritan)
ACTION PLAN: Identify things we can thank God for.
MEMORY VERSE: "Give thanks to the Lord. His love is forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34
Paul Helps Onesimus // Philemon
BIG IDEA: Because we believe in Jesus, let's love and obey God with our actions.
- Why might Philemon have wanted to get back at Onesimus? (Onesimus stole from him. He ran away.)
- What did Paul do for Onesimus? (Taught him about Jesus. Wrote a letter to Philemon. Offered to pay back Onesimus's debt.)
- We are a part of God's team and people will learn what God is like by watching us and seeing how we treat people -- even people that are unkind to us. What could others learn about God and His love by watching you?
CONNECTING TO JESUS: The story of Paul, Onesimus and Philemon is a great illustration of God's love shown through kind, practical help. Just as Paul intervened and offered to pay Onesimus's debt to his master, Jesus paid the price for our sins. And this allows us as "runaways" to return and be fully restored to our Father, debt-free!
ACTION PLAN: Plan actions I can do this week that show love and obedience to God.