Family tools are a great way to bring this weeks Barefoot Kids lesson home.
Sick Boy Is Made Well // John 4:46-53
BIG IDEA: God shows us love in many ways!
- Who loves you?
- How do they show you love?
- In the story, a father did everything he could for his sick little boy, but nothing worked. What did he end up doing to help his son? (He walked to another town to find Jesus.)
- What did Jesus do to show God's love to the sick boy? (He healed the boy.)
- Did Jesus have to go to the boy's house to heal him? (No. He just spoke the words, "your son will live". The father believed, and his son was healed.)
- What are some ways that God shows YOU love?
ACTION PLAN: Identify different ways that God loves us.
PRAYER: Thank God for His love.
MEMORY VERSE: "Give thanks to the Lord. His love is forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34
Lazarus Lives // John 11:1-45
BIG IDEA: Jesus came to bring us eternal life.
- What did Jesus mean when He said he was going to Bethany to "wake up" Lazarus. (Raise him from the dead.)
- Why do you think Jesus prayed aloud? (He wanted the people to know God was going to do this miracle. Jesus wanted people to know God had sent Him.)
- What did Jesus do to make it possible for us to have eternal life? (Died on the cross for our sins and then rose from the dead!)
- How can we have eternal life? (Trusting in Jesus, becoming a part of His family.)
CONNECTING TO JESUS: Jesus waited to go to Bethany so His disciples could see His power over death. He was going to die on the cross soon and He knew they would be afraid and confused. He told them He was going to rise again, and He wanted them to believe and trust in Him even during His death on the cross and His resurrection. He desires the same for us today, especially through difficult times, to trust in Him and His power to work all things together for good. God's plan is bigger and better than we could ever imagine!
ACTION PLAN: Discuss what eternal life means.
March Memory Verses:
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7
"Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." Philippians 2:4