A Boy Helps Paul
BIG IDEA: We don't have to be grown-ups to help others in important ways.
- Paul ended up in jail for telling others about Jesus. What did some angry men plan to do? (Kill Paul.)
- Who was the young boy that helped Paul? (His nephew.)
- How did Paul's nephew help to keep him safe? (Paul's nephew told Paul. Was brave and told the commander the men's plan to kill Paul.)
- What did the commander do to help Paul? (He called for many soldiers and they left the city at night, with Paul hidden among all the soldiers. Took him to the governor's palace.)
ACTION PLAN: Identify ways to help and do good things for others.
PRAYER: Ask God to help you see ways that you can help others.
MAY MEMORY VERSE:
"Jesus said, 'Go and tell the good news.'" Mark 16:15
Plot Against Paul
BIG IDEA: The actions I choose can help others learn about God.
- Why did some people want to kill Paul? (The religious leaders in Jerusalem disagreed with things Paul said. They didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah.)
- How did Paul's nephew help? (He overheard the men's plan to kill Paul. He went to tell Paul in the barracks where he was held. He obeyed Paul and told the Commander.)
- What happened because of his actions? (Paul's life was saved. He was taken to Rome and was able to share the good news of Jesus to the people there.)
CONNECTING TO JESUS: Jesus said that His good news would spread all over the world, and not even the evil plan of 40 men, could stop God's plan! God's plans are always bigger! Paul's nephew was brave and God used him to help save Paul's life. The nephews actions helped get Paul to Rome, which allowed Paul to tell people there about Jesus, too. His actions helped others learn about God. We might not have to make decisions on how to save someone's life, but the way we act every day can help the people around us to learn more about God. And when we trust and obey, that can help others trust and obey, too.
ACTION PLAN: Identify ways that my obeying God helps others learn about Him.
May Memory Verses:
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." Romans 1:16
"Be very careful, then, how you live -- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity." Ephesians 5:15-16