Wall Falls Down
BIG IDEA: We can always count on God to help us.
- What was keeping God's people from going into the city of Jericho? (A huge, strong wall.)
- God promised to help them have the city of Jericho, what did He tell them to do? (March around the wall 1 time every day, for 6 days. On the 7th day, march around 7 times, and when the priests blow their trumpets, everyone shouts!
- What happened? (The wall fell down!)
ACTION PLAN: Name some different ways that God helps people.
PRAYER: Thank God for helping you every day!
AUGUST MEMORY VERSE:
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid." Hebrews 13:6
Dancing in the Street
2 Samuel 6
BIG IDEA: It is wise to praise God for the great things He has done.
- What did David do that was unwise? (Didn't obey God's rules, and carried the Ark the wrong way.)
- What did he do later that was wise? (Obeyed God and had the Ark carried the right way. Led the people in praising God and cared only what God thought.)
- Who was Michal, and what was she upset about? (Michal was David's wife, and Saul's daughter. She was upset with how he was dressed and how he was behaving out in the streets, dancing like a regular person, not a King.)
- Was David concerned with what other people thought? (No, he was only worried about pleasing and praising God!)
- What are some ways we can celebrate what God has done for us? (Examples: Sing a thankful song. Draw a picture. Write a poem. Tell others what He has done.)
CONNECTING TO JESUS: The Ark of the Covenant reminded God's people that God was with them. David trusted God and wanted to honor Him. That's why David brought the Ark to Jerusalem and held a giant celebration. Many years later, Jesus came to Jerusalem in the middle of another giant celebration. But Jesus came to do more than remind people that God is with them. Jesus IS God and He came to show everyone how much God loves all of us!
ACTION PLAN: List things God has done for you and celebrate them!
AUGUST MEMORY VERSE:
"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." Psalm 150:6