Elisha's New Room
2 Kings 4:8-10
BIG IDEA: God gives us what we need.
- What did Elisha spend his time doing? (Traveling and telling people about God.)
- God helped Elisha have what he needed through some good friends. What did Elisha's friends do for him? (They invited them to eat with them. Built a room for Elisha to stay in when he came through town.)
- What was in his special room? (A chair, table, lamp and bed.)
- What are some ways we can express love and help others this week?
ACTION PLAN: Discuss different ways that God gives you what you need.
PRAYER: Thank God for His care and for giving you what you need.
JULY MEMORY VERSE:
"God has been good to me." Genesis 33:11
BIG IDEA: It is wise to admit to God when I have done wrong because He will forgive me.
- How did Samson disobey God? (Told Delilah the secret about his hair, and let his hair be cut.)
- Even though Samson made wrong choices, how did God use him to destroy the Philistine leaders? (God gave him strength one last time to push the pillars over in the temple. The whole building fell down, killing the Philistine leaders, and Samson.)
- Our memory verse this month is 1 John 1:9. What does it say God will do if we confess our sins? (God will forgive us. Make us clean (purify us) from our wrong choices.)
CONNECTING TO JESUS: Samson made a lot of wrong choices, but God never changed His plan for Samson. He planned for Samson to conquer the Philistines. And in the end, that's EXACTLY what Samson did! Since before Adam and Eve chose to disobey, God has had a plan. No matter what bad things people did, God's plan always remained the same: for Jesus to come to Earth and die for our sins so that one day we could be with Him forever. It's because of Jesus that we can have forgiveness of sins and when we make mistakes, God never stops loving us and can still use us to fulfill His plan for our lives!
ACTION PLAN: Plan ways to tell others about God's forgiveness.
JULY MEMORY VERSE:
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9